What you ll be doing...
As a Construction Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of 4G and 5G Small Cells for the Central Texas market. This position is highly demanding, fast-paced, and requires exceptional time management, organization and communications skills. As the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for:
What we re looking for...
- Initiating and awarding bids based on Construction Drawings.
- Reviewing utility coordination documentation and/or attending utility coordination site walks.
- Scheduling and managing installation/integration vendors.
- Equipment engineering and asset management.
- Budget management, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Quality control, review project closeout packages to insure completeness and compliance to standards.
- Work closely with project management and general contractors to ensure goals are met and get solutions on air.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the wireless telecom industry.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Sitetracker, CATS, and FUZE.
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
- A degree in Engineering.
- Four or more years of experience in the wireless telecom industry with a focus on supporting cell site projects.
- A self-starter with ability to thrive while under challenging circumstances to deliver projects on time, with zero defects, and within budget.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, competing priorities, and situations in which guidelines can change.
- Ability to learn new processes and technologies quickly; retain information; and eager to do research in finding info and answers.
- Ability to adaptto different settings and investigate/implement alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems with minimum management input.
- Knowledge of Nokia LTE & 5G RAN architecture and radio products.
- Knowledge of CRAN & ERAN architecture.
- Knowledge of cell site design/engineering, construction, real estate, regulatory, and operations.
- Experience in computer applications: Google Suite, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge with Scrum, Kanban, and Agile environments.
- Knowledge and experience using MapInfo or ArcGIS.
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python, VB or other applicable scripting languages.
You ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America s fastest and most reliable network, we re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Associated topics: building information, building process, cad, civil engineer, development, drafter, model, project engineer, structural, water resource