* Assists in the safe and efficient maintenance of fixed equipment within assigned area.
* Ability to take directions from supervisors.
* Perform housekeeping duties to maintain a clean work area.
* Strict adherence to Valero's Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies must be applied at all times.
* Learns to physically lay out the pouring floor.
* Assists in preparing cartons for packaging roofing asphalt.
* Assists in the fill of roofing cartons with asphalt.
* Learns to identify the different types of Roofing Asphalt being packaged.
* Demonstrates good teamwork and the ability to work with others.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Terminal experience preferred.
* Fork lift experience preferred.
* Ability to obtain TWIC card required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.73 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns all of the general partner and limited partner interests in Valero Energy Partners LP. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It's not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it's also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they're truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Associated topics: cracker, crude, ethanol, ncra, operator, pipeline, quarry, recycling, refinery, refinement operation