A Services Installation Engineer is a critical component to ensuring proper planning and execution of post manufacturing services to our customers. An Installation Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to: field installation support, technical documentation, product design review and validation, technical planning, customer interface, project execution, product and system troubleshooting, performance testing, product maintenance, repair and refurbishment.
Responsibilities may include:
* Operates with limited supervision and guidance.
* Responsible for ensuring project deliverables are provided as required per project execution plans. Reviews engineering designs and documents, including: equipment technical evaluations, system integration test procedures, installation/commissioning procedures, refurbishment, and preservation storage and maintenance procedures.
* Ability to build effective relationships with peers, co-workers, customers, and industry representatives.
* Provide support for on/offshore personnel including operations coordinators, workshop manager and quality department on technical requests.
* Provide technical support for onshore and offshore activities for control systems
* Review rig books and all associated engineering documents.
* Support efforts to improve Technical Services' development of more efficient processes, training and documentation delivery to our customers. Provide feedback to CDM and CDM Services to help improve and/or standardize new processes for equipment/tooling readiness.
* Develop processes, procedure and design for shop/lab assembly or field installation or testing. Able to identify and troubleshoot topsides and subsea controls system issues.
* Contributes to strategic plan development and program coordination.
* Thoroughly understands and follows all operational and safety policies, equipment and test procedures, and workflow processes required by the company, department and/or the job function.
* Promotes and adheres to TechnipFMC's Core Values.
* Execute variations in customer, code or contract compliance and the alternative solutions. Participate and review contract terms and standards, and technical terms and conditions.
* Assist in translating customer requirements into a viable and competitive system design.
* Ability to take organizational goals and proactively and independently establish priorities.
* Responsible for safe, high quality, high quantity and on-time-delivery of assigned project deliverables assigned by project leaders, direct or indirect managers.
* Participates in global training programs for AEDT, Subsea Skills Training (SST), and Society of Underwater Technicians (SUT).
* Provide status updates for project execution including: project status, milestones achieved, OTD and critical project issues.
* Develop solutions to problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data. Anticipates potential problem and identifies and proposes required preventive actions.
* Research and provide technical disposition relating to field non-conformances for service notifications and service alerts. Research and provide technical data relating to Corrective Action Request (CAR).
* Provide interface resolution between TechnipFMC and non-TechnipFMC equipment.
* Reviews system level layout drawings between TechnipFMC and third-party equipment.
* Ensure equipment list and document registries are maintained for assigned projects.
* Conducts technical readiness reviews for on or off-site execution of work (ORR) for assigned projects.
* Conducts after action reviews for on or off-site execution of work (AAR) for assigned projects.
* Responsible to ensure functional locations are created for assigned projects.
* Some contact and interface with operation managers, product group engineering departments, onshore assembly and maintenance technicians, technical service professionals, vendors, contractors and global engineering teams.
* Ability to develop strong customer relationships.
* Called upon occasionally for external technical advice; speaking engagements.
* Proactively participates in HSE initiatives, JSAs, and risk assessments.
* Uses sound judgment, safe work practices, and delivering high quality work on-time.
* Prepares and presents technical data to internal and external customers. Troubleshoots hydraulic/electrical systems with field schematics.
* Reviews technical documentation related to engineering changes: ECN (Engineering Change Notices), DBI (Data Base Information), and engineering specification/requirements.
* Participates in design reviews and consults with other departments on designs and field related applications.
* Review design basis document and/or specifications for new product or tooling as needed.
* Provides technical support for onshore and offshore operations.
* Creates and Reviews clear technical instructions regarding refurbishment, installations, maintenance, and/or repair of equipment following quality requirements.
* Enters engineering hours properly in SAP.
* Has expert knowledge about safety aspects related to real-life environment of using/installing TechnipFMC equipment, at onsite and offsite locations.
* Participates in FMECA, Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), and Hazard and Identification Study (HAZID).
* Leads group meetings and functions.
* Recognizes new technologies, products, and personal development opportunities.
* Familiar with and utilizes industry code requirements, quality requirements, and customer requirements.
* Uses the CAD and data base systems and generates layouts, analyzes designs, and evaluates equipment systems.
* Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
* achelor's degree in Engineering; BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in the field supporting topsides and controls equipment installation and troubleshooting. This equipment includes but is not limited to: Subsea Communication Modules (SCMs), Subsea Power and Communication Units (SPCUs and SPCTUs), Electrical Power Unit (EPUs), Master Control Station (MCS), Electronic Test Unit (ETU), SmartTool 150 and 200e, and Hydraulic Power Units (HPUs).
* Embodies a customer-oriented attitude and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
* Ability to identify and make recommendations for system improvements.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving, systematically utilizing prevention skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
* Ability to establish deadlines and manage priorities for self.
* Negotiations related to multi-project or organizational impact.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach other employees.
* Ability to prepare and deliver proposals and reports to any audience.
* Possess strong PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
* Must be able to receive a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC).
* Must be able to pass a UGUK physical (formerly UKOOA).
* Must be able to complete Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET and/or BOSIET).
Spend 60% time in an office environment and 40% in shop or field environment supporting topsides and controls product installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and Life of Field support. Potential for occasional offsite or international travel. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, electrical and hydraulic pressure testing, heavy lift operations, and shop/field traffic.
Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Hands-on labor in shop and/or field environment, which requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing.
To Be Considered
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all pre-screening questions, on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2018.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
TechnipFMC is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: community, coordinator, corporate, director, general manager, housing property, manage, management, manager iv, property manager