Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Summary of position:
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Essential functions and duties:
* Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
* Assemble parts or units, and position, align and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
* Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
* Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and venires.
* Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assemble sequences of electromechanical units.
* Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping
* File, lap, and buff parts and subassemblies using grease paddles or oilcans.
* Drill, tap, ream, countersink, and spot-face bolt holes in parts, using drill press or portable power drills
* Follows and provides feedback on assembly instructions and/or blueprints to install items such as; hardware, wiring harnesses, panels, components, sub-assemblies, etc.
* Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts
* Operate small cranes to transport or position large parts.
Non-essential functions and duties:
* May lead a group of mechanical assemblers by assigning daily work tasks
* Follows all safety and health guidelines/rules for the machine shop
* Keeps work area clean by sweeping, wiping down machines, etc.
* Follows the 5s procedures for department
* Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to sure the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have an associate degree or technical certificate
* Must have a 5 years experience as an assembler
* Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
* Must be able to verbally communicate
* Must be able to observer and hear warning signs and signals within all areas of the company.
* Ability to read and interpret training documents, safety rules, and procedural documents
* The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
* The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
* The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
* Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
* The employee may be exposed to dust, oil, coolant, and noise
* The usual noise level in the work environment is moderate to high
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Must be able to adapt to frequent changes to work processes
Associated topics: adapter, bsee, electrician, image processing, rf, schema, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer, wind