At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies - Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is located in Richardson, TX within the Training and Mission Solutions Portfolio. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to multi task across multiple projects, apply critical thinking (potentially with limited information), adapt to rapidly changing circumstances, and be able to effectively network and communicate to all levels of the Mission Systems organization. This individual may be assigned to a specific product line or various technologies of moderate to complex in scope.
Responsible for engineering support during the assembly, test, and acceptance processes in the manufacture of Collins Aerospace products. This includes responsibility for specific process or environmental areas. Incumbent may be assigned to a specific product line or Integrated Product Team (IPT). Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
* Provides technical expertise and interpretation of drawings and specifications of products to assist in the assembly, inspection, and test and troubleshoot moderately complex products (circuit card through top level).
* Collaborate with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Component Application Engineers, and other MEEs to coordinate design changes required for sustaining the release of new products.
* Coordination with design engineering on minor redesign of product and test equipment to resolve obsolete part, tolerance, and yield issues, including drawing changes to resolve them.
* Assist in generation and maintaining of all test documentation and evaluate test equipment and flows to optimize test effectiveness and efficiency.
* Train test technicians on new products and test equipment, and development of test fixtures and troubleshooting aids/tools.
* Leads in analyzing test failures for root causes and corrective actions, prepares failure analysis reports. May be required to design or improve existing card test fixtures and equipment as needed to improve test flows.
* Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner. Evaluate failure data for trends.
* Suggests appropriate product producibility projects to improve product performance, by identifying limit tolerance, design margin, test specification, or test yield issues.
* Analyze and develop test strategy and process flow for individual LRUs or systems while keeping capacity and capital costs in mind.
* Evaluate, select and recommend capital test equipment when appropriate using sound cost/payback analysis.
Candidates must have:
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship required)
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Domain knowledge of test process and experience with commercial test equipment for RF/Microwave hardware, Digital hardware, Analog hardware, or software development.
* Experience with programming languages Visual Studio, LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, Test Stand, and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
* Background and/or knowledge of Military Platform Integration
* Background and/or knowledge in RF communications, networking, and interface definition
* Previous factory experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance * Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees * Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution * Tuition reimbursement * Life insurance and disability coverage * And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.