This technical position aims at developing trust and credibility with prospective clients through quality relationship management and presenting effective tailor-made solutions that meets clients requirements. Expertise in supply chain distribution logistics with one or all of the market types: Inbound to Manufacturing, Finished Goods, and Service Parts.
- Taskedtocomplete engineering analysis on RFP projects involving all aspects of warehousingsuch aswarehouse facility design, definition of functional requirements, material handling equipment applications, work measurement, PFEP data analysis, storage concepting and slotting, process planning and improvements for both new and existing operations.
- Participates in the RFP/RFQ bidding process by presenting efficient warehousing engineering capabilities and effective cost solutions to new and existing customers.
- Assists in the management of all pre-qualification work (including client presentations) so as to meet the deadlines and the quality standards of the organization. This includesassisting in settingtechnical objectives, and preparing engineering development proposalsfeasibility studies.
- Analyzes SKU data to determine warehousing requirements such as: manpower, space, storage and material handling equipment.
- Conducts inventory cubing analysis to determine warehouse space requirements and layout.
- Utilizespre-determined motion time system tools (such as MOST or MTM) to perform a complete study of an operation consisting of multiple steps to develop labor standards as a means of measuring work and time.
- Creates optimal flow diagrams on warehouse processes including bulk, small lot, kitting, sequencing, repack, and service parts.
- UtilizesAutoCAD and other software tools to conceptualize warehouse departments with material flow indicators designed for maximum flow efficiencies, and to create detailed facility layouts to build and erect storage equipment.
- Ensures proposals are accurate (with clear scope and assumptions documented), professional and targeted to meet the Clients needs.
- Takes part in the proposal process to the prospective client by presenting the technical specifications of the proposed solution and providing relevant answers to clients technical questions.
- Develops functional specifications for defining the WMS requirements. Familiarity with Radio Frequency Technology and WMS.
- Provides on-site engineering support for cost reduction and design improvement analyses in order to accommodate volume fluctuations, platform changes, process alignment, labor evaluation, spatial analysis and other strategic initiatives as a part of the continuous improvement program.
- Researches and presents opportunities for new technology & equipment
- Develops trustand credibility with prospective client through effective relationship management and demonstration of logistics knowledge.
- Specifies, helps procure and oversees installation of equipment associated with projects; typically requires business travel for these tasks to be performed on-site
- Prepares the communication and training of the future operating team on projects specifics, performance metrics, standard work and engineering benchmarks
- Develops fully-integrated solutions by collecting and challenging relevant information from functional 'Subject Matter Experts' (SME's}, identifying risks and issues for the project. Determines headcounts, material and equipment requirements, location, layout, workflows, etc. and prepares this for presentation to client specialists and executives.
- BS or MS degree in Logistics or Industrial Engineering and3 years of experience in a logistics engineering (Distribution supply chain) environment
- Professional presence in front of client executives
- Good interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent PC skills in MS Office suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and AutoCAD
- Simulation modeling, network modeling, Logivations preferable
- Typically 25% travel required; occasionally up to 50% depending on project requirements
- Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills
- English language skills are required; Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, or Dutch language skills are desirable and other language skills would be an advantage
- Experience with Lean methodologies
- Good working knowledge of work-measurement systems (MOST and/or MTM)
- General knowledge of WMS Warehouse Management Systems (SAP, Red Prairie, Manhattan and misc. client systems)
- Knowledge of material storage and handling equipment systems and applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment with little supervision
- Ability to independently lead projects and small scale launches
- Ability to lead implementation of new processes
- Ability to train junior engineers on the team
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting item weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Interacts with customer executives to discuss opportunities and solutions for their business.
- Internal communications with SMEs.
- Presents technical solution to SureStart audience.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain