* BA/BS in Engineering (advanced degree preferred)
* 3-12 years' hands-on experience in a high performance manufacturing environment is required, where your role directly lead to demonstrable performance improvement & change management
* Current knowledge in process redesign, utilizing Lean transformation tools and techniques rooted in the Toyota Production System
* Superior problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
* Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days/week)
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey Implementation - a rapidly growing capability for our firm - in one of our offices in North America. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
McKinsey's Manufacturing service line is committed to helping clients align manufacturing strategy to overall business strategy and design and execute manufacturing transformations. Our services in lean transformation are becoming an increasingly necessary requirement for clients in manufacturing sectors as well as non-traditional Lean areas such as process (energy, basic materials) and service (banking, retailing, airlines) industries.
What You'll Do
You'll help clients build strategies & capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
From the start of a project, you'll be on the ground ensuring that implementation success is a priority. We engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results will be sustained. Our work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
You will have the opportunity to implement operating and production systems; to drive and support implementation of lean improvement activities on the shop floor and along the value stream; to improve the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations; to enhance quality systems; to build lean manufacturing capabilities in client organizations; and to optimize global networks of manufacturing facilities.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, fork lift, inventory, lawn, manage, plant management, production management, ship, transplant