ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota - a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry's largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Exploration Pre-Developments team at Hess is responsible for development planning in support of ongoing Global Exploration activities. The current geographical focus areas for Global Exploration are primarily the deepwater regions of the Atlantic Margin and the US GoM.
The Reservoir Engineer will report to the Pre-Developments Director and will be responsible for executing evaluations of subsurface uncertainty, while working closely with the relevant Exploration G&G teams. This will require the incumbent to use relevant analogs and subject knowledge to prepare deterministic and probabilistic estimates of reservoir production rates and overall recovery - and in some instances perform economic analysis of reserve development and other investment opportunities. In addition, the Reservoir Engineer will carry out decision analysis work, supported by economics staff, to determine optimum development concept(s) and work with other disciplines (e.g. facilities/drilling/economics) to devise and evaluate a range of development options. When required the Reservoir Engineer may need to generate and maintain Hess-independent categorized reserve/contingent resource estimates and associated production projections using decline curve, material balance and volumetric recovery calculation methods. Holistically the Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for interfacing, influencing and providing support to other disciplines in Developments and Exploration to maximize the value of the asset. If required, the incumbent may have to assist in generating data acquisition planning for exploration wells, assist in the preparation/presentation of decision support packages required for sanctioning of exploration prospect drilling and/or provide support to projects to allow them to move from one decision gate to the next. When needed, the Reservoir Engineer will work with partners and regulatory agencies to gain alignment on well locations, data acquisition plans, and future forward planning for exploration prospects.
The Reservoir Engineer will be expected to utilize commercially available software and, when necessary, develop internal databases or standalone new software products to streamline future evaluation work. Typical examples of the focus areas and software used in the role include the use of black oil and compositional reservoir simulation using Eclipse and Rubis, material balance, nodal analysis and Integrated Production System using Petroleum Experts IPM suite (MBAL, PROSPER and GAP), production decline-curve analysis using OFM, assisted history match in simulation using ENABLE, prospect statistical evaluation using GeoX and Crystal Ball, project economics evaluation using PEEP and PetroVR, pressure/rate transient analysis (PTA & RTA) using Saphir and Topaz, fluid PVT analysis/modeling using PVTSIM, data visualization / mapping / editing via the use of Spotfire, ArcGIS, RE-Studio and Tecplot and external databases including C&C Reservoirs, IHS, Knowledge Reservoir, OWL, Geopost, GoM BOEM.
* Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Engineering, or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years (15+ years preferred) of progressive related reservoir engineering experience in an exploration and production field including reservoir simulation and uncertainty analysis.
* Offshore experience is required
* Good understanding of all subsurface issues with functional understanding of geology, geophysics and reservoir and fluid characterization issues and how they relate to reservoir performance and development planning.
* Experience in field development planning and economic evaluation.
* Good presentation and communication skills and confident in representing the team and the company at internal and external technical and operational meetings.
* Positive attitude and proactive team worker. Capable of problem solving and always looking for efficient operational solutions.
* Self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate fully as part of a multi-disciplined team. Able to work to tight deadlines and effective at multi-tasking.Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), economic software (PEEP), Monte Carlo software (Crystal Ball) and engineering software (for example: Eclipse, ENABLE, Prosper, MBal, GAP, PVTSIM or PVTi, Kappa, Sapphir, Topaz, Diamante, PI Process Book, OFM and GIC).
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
* Builds Trusted Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Creates Effective Teams
* Thinks Strategically
* Inspires Innovation
* Demonstrates Courage
* Drives Continuous Improvement
* Makes Quality Decisions
* Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Brad Janik - Employee - Reservoir Engineering - United States- Texas - Houston - - - - - No - 25038
Associated topics: artificial lift, coal, drill, gas, miner, mineral, mines, natural gas, petrol, pipeline