Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under the direction of the Medical Director, performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of radioinuclides for the diagnosis and treatment of disease in humans. Assumes responsibility for designated areas of procedures and/or may be assigned duties as an instructor in areas of specific competence.
Recognized the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs examinations on patients of various ages from pediatric to geriatric.
1. Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and loads proper film cassettes, using film identification method correctly and consistently; develops film as required; and assists in equipment calibration and radioisotope assay operation.
2. Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to setting films to be read.
3. Transfers and properly position patients for examinations in order to obtain desired in-vivo imaging results according to the physician specifications. Provides immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
4. Assists physicians in performance or examinations by preparation and administration of radiopharmaceuticals to patients under the direction of a licensed physician, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures.
5. Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and personnel.
6. Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
7. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High School Graduate or equivalent, Associate degree or equivalent in Radiology Technology
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Texas Department of Health NMT certification required. ARRT registered or registry eligible preferred. NMCT certification preferred. Current BCLS certification required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
At least one year of full time experience in clinical Nuclear Medicine imaging including didactic experience required..
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of anatomy, positioning, and Nuclear Medicine Techniques.
Knowledge of radio-pharmaceutical storage, radiation protection and related concepts;
Knowledge of blood specimen testing techniques.
Knowledge of medical terminology, ability to calculate accurate radiopharmaceutical doses and administers doses in a safe and aseptic manner.
Ability to analyze scans, tests, methods and results.
Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement with patients during Nuclear Medicine procedures. Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired scanning image.
Reads and writes basic English, with the basic skills necessary to interpret physicians orders.
Ability to lift in excess of 100 pounds with assistance of staff
Knowledge of department, hospital, and universal infection control policies.
Must have effective communication and listening skills.
Must attend all department and hospital-mandated classes such as infection control, safety, fire, etc. in a 12-month period.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Associated topics: lab, laboratory, medical, mls, pathology, scientist, surgical technologist, technician ii, technician iii, toxicology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.