Freese and Nichols, Inc. is a professional consulting firm serving clients across the Southwest and Southeast United States. With sustainability in mind, Freese and Nichols plans, designs and manages infrastructure projects. It is the first engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces - No. 10. For more information about Freese and Nichols, visit www.freese.com .
Freese and Nichols Dallas office is looking to add a Transportation Engineer to our Transportation Planning team.
* Uses knowledge of the general concepts of civil, transportation, and traffic engineering.
* Assists in the development and design of traffic engineering projects.
* Assists in preparing project plans and drawings for various projects including signal design and intersection improvements.
* Performs research, obtains traffic data for studies, makes calculations and conducts transportation analyses.
* Responsible for preparing and collaborating technical activities on assigned projects.
* Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer designer.
* Bachelor's in civil engineering or a related field.
* Minimum two years of experience required.
* Ability to perform traffic studies, operations analysis, microsimulation modeling and prepare technical reports.
* Basic experience using MicroStation and/or AutoCAD, Synchro, VISSIM and TRANSCAD.
* Familiar with concepts and standards of the MUTCD, HCM and AASHTO Geometric Design.
* Ability to participate and collaborate within a project team
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Associated topics: architectural, architecture, builder, disassemble, electrical, electrical engineer, equipment, gs 0830, revit, technician