Direct the implementation and management of a comprehensive environment, health and safety (EHS) program for Millipore Sigma's research and development and customer service facilities located in Bedford and Burlington, MA. Provide guidance and leadership on EHS and security matters to the site directors and leadership teams. Develop strategic plans for continuous EHS improvement. Influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve EHS excellence. Implement the company's EHS management system and develop and implement systems/programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, permits aligned with company requirements and values. Manage site security systems and processes per corporate requirements. Functioning as a member of the sites' senior leadership teams, work closely with peers to build a culture of EHS excellence at the site. Direct and support the work of the EHS professional staff and develop a high performing team culture. Position will report to the Head of Real Estate and Facilities and will be responsible for supervising a team of two other EHS professionals.
* Manage the development, planning and implementation of strong environmental, health and safety programs in alignment with legal, regulatory, corporate requirements and industry best practice.
* Ensure continual improvement through implementation of the Millipore Sigma EHS management system, including the facilitation of risk assessments, setting targets and monitoring performance.
* Develop a strong safety culture across the site, ensuring all incidents are reported, investigated and corrective actions implemented as appropriate. In addition, facilitate sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
* Lead and direct the EHS team at the site and oversee/direct the work of contractors and EHS service providers
* Support business growth via management of permit revisions and new regulatory requirements; assess new projects/processes for impact on same and health & safety of employees.
* Partner with occupational health team regarding incident case management and interface with corporate, HR and legal teams as needed
Who you are:
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or other science field
* 10+ years experience in EHS management in Life Science/Pharmaceutical industry, preferred
* Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM standards
* Strong technical acumen, leadership and interpersonal communication skills
Job Requisition ID:187584
Career Level:E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model:full-time
Job Segment: Medical, Environmental Health & Safety, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Healthcare, Science, Sales, Research
Associated topics: climate, compliance, ehs, environment, health, health and safety, hygiene, recycle, safety, safety specialist