Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you'll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our competition. We're constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey?Come Ride with Us!
The Reliability Engineering co-op assists in identifying potential for cost reduction through improve equipment reliability, extended parts life, reduced labor cost, and other reliability-related improvement techniques.
Specific job duties:
* Works closely with reliability engineers to coordinate the development of engineering solutions to repetitive equipment failures and other maintenance problems to reduce the need for maintenance while improving costs and reliability.
* Supports the reliability and maintenance group to develop, standardize, coordinate, and administer an overall maintenance program, update existing programs, add new equipment to existing reliability programs.
* Support the maintenance group in ensuring accurate up to date spare parts lists are available for existing equipment and new installations, equipment and components are consistent with established standards and reliability enhancements.
* Supports the reliability manager in evaluating and identifying what training is required to improve craft skill to ensure responsible personnel are trained appropriately.
* Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program for Engineering
* Must have completed at least the freshman year of undergrad studies
* Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
* Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form
* Must have good problem solving skills both from a troubleshooting and project planning standpoint
Cooper Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.