Burns & McDonnell is seeking a Railroad/Transit Engineering Project Manager to join our rapidly growing Transportation Practice in our Dallas or Austin, Texas offices\\. Our ideal candidate will be someone with excellent client interaction skills who can manage and lead planning and design teams for engineering projects both locally and across the nation\\.
In this position you will be a key part of a seller/doer team and you will manage all aspects of railroad/transit engineering projects from business development, scope and fee development, staffing plan development, project oversight, quality management and financial performance responsibilities\\.
* Adhere to Burns & McDonnell's safety programs, training, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors\\.
* Work with a multi\\-discipline team of engineers and technicians in the design and analysis of railroad/transit engineering projects as well as the contractors and construction staff on design/build projects\\.
* Provides leadership and guidance in multiple facets of projects including safety, quality, engineering, procurement, construction, environmental compliance, project controls, and public/community relations\\.
* Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items\\.
* Lead internal and external project risk reviews and consult with the Legal Department as required\\.
* Client development, maintenance, and management; contract preparation and negotiation; coordination with regulatory agencies; project planning, budgeting, and scheduling; and the establishment of critical project objectives and performances\\.
* Plans, organizes, and communicates project personnel needs to department and section management\\.
* Mentors less experienced staff on technical aspects of a project\\.
* Serves as a leader improving the latest technologies in railroad/transit engineering and transportation planning\\.
* Leading project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives\\.
* Analyze and communicate project status, risks, schedule and costs to all internal and external stakeholders\\.
* Manage downstream contract administration including request for information \\(RFI's\\), submittals, change management, contract closeout, and claims mitigation\\.
* Other duties as assigned\\.
* Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field with an emphasis in railroad/transit or transportation engineering\\.
* Minimum of 8 years related experience in the development of or management of railroad/transit engineering projects\\.
* Candidate must be a licensed Professional Engineer \\(PE\\)\\.
* Ability to work with existing and new clients to identify new projects, articulate to the clients our ability to perform those projects, and translate that into the sale of consulting services\\.
* General business and financial calculation knowledge\\.
* Proven ability to lead multi\\-discipline teams of engineers\\.
* Strong communication skills \\(both verbal and written\\) and presentation skills\\.
* Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines while managing multiple projects concurrently, including identification of critical path items to ensure deliverable deadlines are met\\.
* Ability to focus on the big picture to effectively and efficiently provide services that meet client needs, while also having the ability to identify and analyze details that are critical to project outcomes\\.
* Willingness to learn new service offerings as client needs and the market requires changes to the service offerings provided by our group\\.
* Willingness and ability to develop a broad set of service offering types to allow for flexibility to sell work in growing markets\\.
* Willingness to cross sell other services offered by Burns & McDonnell outside the project manager's core set of services\\.
* Ability to communicate with various business contacts to understand their needs and translate them into a scope of work that meets their desired outcomes\\.
* Knowledge of railroad/transit engineering methodologies and standards\\.
* Knowledge of engineering software including MicroStation, Geopak, Inroads or equivalent design/production software\\.
* Experience working with railroad/transit clients\\.
**Job** Project Management
**Primary Location** US\\-TX\\-Dallas
**Other Locations** US\\-TX\\-Austin
**Travel:** Yes, 25 % of the Time
**About Burns & McDonnell**
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing\\. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee\\-owners\\. We take on some of the world's toughest challenges with the industry's best thinking\\.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe\\. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For\\. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome\\. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects\\. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades\\-long partnerships\\. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically\\.
At Burns & McDonnell, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions\\. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels\\. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant\\.
**Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans**