At Bell, thinking above and beyondis what we do best. For more than 80 years, we've been reimagining theexperience of flight - and where it can take us.
Weare pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify acommercial helicopter. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and broughtadvanced tiltrotor systems to market. And today, we're defining the future ofon demand mobility.
A Day in the Life of a Materials Science Engineer:
Bellis seeking entry-level Materials Science Engineers to join a dynamic team thatis leading the future of vertical lift. We are seeking Engineers that strivedaily for innovation and settle for nothing less than excellence.
Thisposition is responsible for providing materials and process guidance duringrotorcraft development and production; and performing failure analysis ofrotorcraft components.
* Providing design guidance for material selection, process methods,and inspection controls
* Developing and maintaining material and process specifications
* Creating test plans and technical reports
* Production support
* Executing failure analysis investigations of rotorcraftcomponents.
* Bachelor's Degree is required.
* Degree in Materials Science is strongly preferred.
* 3.0 minimum overall, undergraduate GPA.
Minimum Requirements for aMaterials Science Engineer at Bell:
* PC proficiency in CATIA, CAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Ability to work effectively within a team.
* Ability to prioritize a variety of assignments.
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Ideal Candidates Also Have:
* Candidates should be familiar with metallurgical materials laboratory equipment, mechanical strength testing and statistical data analysis.
* Knowledge and experience in heat treatment and fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic materials ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, material destructive and non-destructive inspection techniques; casting and forging fabrication; and failure analysis techniques.
* Basic knowledge of photography, scanning electron microscopes and associated chemical analysis equipment.
Collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences inexperiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for ourproducts take us above and beyond flight.
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, chemistry, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, rubber