AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts inthe proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colorand protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - includingDulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around theglobe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries andemploy around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering thehigh performance products and services our customers expect.
InNorth America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support thePerformance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated toenergizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful worldwhere life is improved by what we do.
OBJECTIVEOF THE POSITION:
Guides the daily manufacturing activities in a mannerthat maximizes total departmental performance. Manages the key aspects of safety, quality, process efficiency and costcontrol that occur on shift.
* Supervise and lead the shiftoperating team
* Deliver and lead improvementin performance in
* Customer Service
* Cost (productivity/spend)
* Ensures that all safety and other good workpractices and procedures are followed 25%
* Assign daily tasks and shift activities to themanufacturing staff 10%
* Works closely with others from all departmentsand all levels 10%
* Monitor and analyze all stages of manufacturingprocess to prevent or correct errors by engaging and coaching withpersonnel. 25%
* Provides daily update and review of shiftperformance 10%
* Participate and contribute in Health &Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer,HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling,Waste Management, etc.) 15%
* Other duties as assigned. 5%
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS
Health, Safety, Environment and Security
* Responsible for the HSE&S of employees, contractors, visitors,plant, processes & buildings
* Responsible for compliance with internal and external HSE&Sprocesses, procedures and standards
* Ensure full compliance with allHSE&S rules and procedures
* Lead monthly SAFE meetings
* Lead risk assessments
* Lead & participate in AIRIs
* Complete BBS observations and lead shiftperformance
* Participate and contribute to writing,reviewing and updating safe operating procedures
* Lead 5S and housekeeping standards
* Identify and lead improvements inHSE&S performance
* Responsible for the quality of work andproducts produced by the shift operating team
* Responsible for compliance to internaland external quality management processes, procedures and standards
* Liaise with quality regulators,auditors, quality control and quality assurance professionals
* Lead and contribute to reject, nearmiss, non-conformance and customer complaint investigations
* Lead and contribute to writing,reviewing and updating quality procedures
* Identify and lead improvements inquality performance
* Responsible for the day to day management of the shift operatingteam
* Developingthe shift operating team and individual operators so that the skills of shiftoperators are fully utilized to maximize shift operating team performance
* DeliverKPI targets and lead improvement in KPIs including
* Short interval control setting,monitoring and review
* Communicationand briefings to team
* Dailyplant meetings
* Lead and facilitate problem solving,root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects
* P&DD for team
* Viewpoint with team
* Code of Conduct and Diversity &Inclusion with team
* Vacation management
* Involvement in Discipline management
* Performanceissues such as start/finish times, break times and absence
* Absence management and return to workinterviews
* Lead operational tours and presentationsfor employees, contractors and visitors
* Provide cover for other shiftsupervisors and managers when production demands
* Participate and contribute toexpenditure control and cost saving
* Management control of expenditure
* Responsible for theoperational risk and reliability of plant, processes and buildings
* Liaise with engineering, maintenance andproject management professionals
* Liaise with maintenance, equipmentrelated issues such as breakdowns or performance
* Participate and contribute tomaintenance work request processes and procedures
* Participate and contribute to plannedmaintenance processes and procedures
* Participate and contribute to changemanagement processes and procedures
* Participate and contribute to contractorcontrol processes and procedures
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing
* Good written and verbal communication skills andcustomer service skills
* Strong mathematical skills
* Basic computer skills
Working conditions will consistof a lab and plant environment that has the potential of exposure to hazardouschemicals, fumes or airborne particles. Additionally, following requirementsare related to this position:
* Ability to work at ease from elevated platforms andaccess stairways.
* Physical requirements also include, standing forperiods of time, sitting, working on a computer, walking, writing, kneeling,and crouching.
* Occasionally lifting or moving objects up to50 Lbs or up to 100 Lbs with assistance.
* Sufficient visual acuity to determine proper fit andoperation of parts and equipment and product cleanliness to eliminate sourcesof product contamination in the clean-up process.
* The employee will regularly have to work aroundmoving forklifts, coating factory equipment such as mixing equipment, pumps, fillingequipment, etc.
* Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),such as Lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, will be provided to theemployee and will be mandatory to wear in accordance with the department PPEhazard assessment. The employee will beresponsible for ensuring the PPE is in operating condition.
* Ability to recognize indicated temperature andpressure to maintain safe operations and protect personnel, equipment andproducts from harm.
* Ability to work safely and at ease while wearingappropriate personal protective equipment including: respiratory protection,gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection, aprons, face shields and etc.
Employment at AkzoNobel iscontingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment backgroundcheck and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also berequired.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of theireligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled /Veterans (M/F/D/V).
Associated topics: criteria, defect, qa, qa tech, quality, quality check, quality control/quality assurance, quality technician, requalification, test